04 Nov Could your child be eligible for a free lunch at nursery?
South Lanarkshire Council have recently extended their free school meals scheme to include eligible children in their pre-school years. The following information will help you decide whether this may be relevant to your child.
If your child is eligible for Funded Early Learning and Childcare and attends nursery over the middle of the day then they are entitled to free meal if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (and your earned income is less than £610 as assessed by the Department for Work and Pensions in the assessment period immediately preceding the application for free school meals)
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Child Tax Credit (with a gross annual income less than £16,105 as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs on your Tax Credit Award Notice TC602)
- Working Tax Credit and Child Tax credit (with a gross annual income less than £6,420 as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs on your Tax Credit Award Notice (TC602)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
How to Apply
You should contact the early years service on 01698 454470 or e-mail [email protected] and provide the following information for your application:
Name of your child
Your child’s date of birth
Your home address
The name of the nursery your child attends
The hours you child attends nursery
The benefits you are currently in receipt of and evidence to support this
You will receive confirmation of your application in writing
* Please note evidence of benefit receipt will be required to support your application before it can be considered.